Vinish Garg

Technical Writer. Published Author. http://www.vhite.com

Stuck while using Arbortext Editor 5.2

with one comment

Hi All

I recently started using Arbortext Editor (5.2) and I am terribly stuck.

I am working on a root document (combination of Ref Guide, Quick Guide and Online Help). Take an example where I have a task with a title as ‘Sending Invoice to Archives’. It has its corresponding xref as ‘AF.Admin.Sending.invoice.to.archives’, and I see a corresponding file entity (XML) with name AF.Admin.Sending.invoice.to.archives’ and an HTML as well with name ‘AF.Admin.Sending.Invoice.To.Archives’.

When I need to update the title as ‘Sending Invoice to Personal Archives’, how do I do that? I guess I MUST NOT EDIT THE ATTRIBUTES of existing xref as it is linked to many titles/tasks/topics in the documents. Should I create a new xref for this updated heading? And how do I handle existing HTML, should I change its attribute? This is really confusing. I tried but it was messed up.

Please HELP ME, and TONS OF THANKS in advance.

Advertisements

Written by Vinish Garg

November 25, 2008 at 4:43 pm

One Response

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. sign up on a tech forum, like forums.devshed.com, you will never ever need to post a help notice on ur blog
    ch33r5

    Kumar Chetan Sharma

    December 15, 2008 at 12:07 pm


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: